Ultimate Guide about CBT

If you want to ride a motorcycle in London or anywhere in the UK you need to be aware of traffic rules and CBT. However, the difference is not only the fact of riding on the right side. That is, there is the legal issue to get a driver's license. In this process you have to go to an auto school, take the theoretical and practical tests, and drive. However, if you have a driver's license from Brazil, you are allowed to drive with this document for 12 months (usually only for tourism, social or diplomatic purposes). After one year you need to acquire your British driver's license. In the midst of so many questions to know how to validate your license and understand the British rules for riding a motorcycle and doing the CBT, follow the information below.

Driver's Licence

As stated above, the Brazilian driver's license is valid for 12 months (usually for tourism, social or diplomatic purposes only). For those who are staying more than one year in the country (and either perform paid or work-related functions) need to apply for a provisional British driver's license. However, visitors cannot apply for this document, in which case the provisional card is valid only for those who are in the country as a resident.

Provisional Driver's Licence

In order to have a definitive driver's license it is necessary to apply for a Provisional Driving Licence. The document can be requested as long as the citizen presents six months of legal residence in the United Kingdom, with student visa, residence visa or with passport and or identity of citizens of the European Community. To enter the provisional driver's license, just go to the local Post-Office or to a DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) post. We advise you to go to these agencies with the completed form D1 (enter here). You will be asked to provide proof of your identity and your permission to reside in the United Kingdom (see all here). In addition to your proof of identity (with original passport or official copy) you will need a photograph. If the passport is not a European Community passport, the photo must have the signature of someone the "driver" has known for at least two years, in addition to having a permanent address in the United Kingdom. Even this person needs to complete this section of the form, remembering that relatives or someone from the same address are not valid. In order to complete the form you will need to pay a fee of £43. This provisional wallet takes about three weeks to complete. Through the document the citizen will have a permission to drive a car as long as he is accompanied by a person over 21 years of age and has held a driver's license for 3 years. It is still permitted to drive motorcycles up to 125cc (no passenger), but you must take a 1-day course, the CBT (Compulsory Basic Training, see below) with an average value of £130 (total). With the temporary licence it is not possible to drive on motorways, moreover, the license plate of the car or motorcycle comes with an "L" sign which means Learner. Finally, once you have the provisional licence you can start the process of withdrawing the definitive licence.
5 European Islands to visit by motorcycle
National Motorcycle Museum: A place for motorcycle enthusiasts